Old February 20th 18, 04:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,alt.windows7.general
PeterN[_7_]

Default Windows freeware to lock in a 3: or 4:3 aspect ratio for cropping

On 2/20/2018 12:17 AM, Savageduck wrote:
Eric Stevens wrote:
On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 14:07:27 -0600, Savageduck
wrote:

Paul wrote:
Savageduck wrote:
nospam wrote:
In article , Savageduck
wrote:

In Windows however, not so. BMP is the native image format in that OS. i.e.
used by the graphic kernel.
Not being a Windows user, I don¹t understand this idea of holding on to the
BMP format when there are much better ways to go.
don't lump all windows users based on the actions of a few.

I know. As far as I know we only have a single BMP obsessed Windows user in
this NG.

So you've never run into a situation before, where a
tool doesn't support the entire spectrum of file formats ?

Fortunately for me, no.

For Mac users we have a very neat piece of software, “Graphic Converter”
which pretty much does that job. It can dig up some pretty obscure file
formats.
https://www.lemkesoft.de/en/products/graphicconverter/

Otherwise Adobe CC, and some third party plug-ins cover my photo editing
needs.

I have the situation where Corel Photo Paint (CPT) images cannot be
read by Corel Paint Shop Pro (PSPImage) or by Photoshop.

I know of no software which can read them all.

I am sad to report that even Graphic Converter couldn’t be bothered with
Corel Photo Paint.
https://www.lemkesoft.de/en/products/graphicconverter/key-features/import-and-export-formats/

...and if Corel couldn’t bother to have compatibility between their own
apps, it tells you all you need to know about Corel, and CPT.

i use Corel Painter. The only PITA issue I had is that it cannot read 16
bit PSD files. I reads 8 bit PSD just fine. Though that is becoming less
of an issue for me since I started using LR. I reads tiff file just fine.

--
PeterN