Old January 4th 18, 03:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

Default I've always hated Intel. Here's one more reason:

"RichA" wrote

| Despicable company. Their history is replete with all levels of
incompetence, arrogance and corruption.

| http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-42553818

Their price gouging alone is enough reason to
avoid them. I haven't had an Intel CPU since
1999 when I bought a 300 MHz Celeron.

It does turn out, though, that AMDs are slightly
susceptible to one bug. Latest detail are at The
Register today.

Maybe the most important takeway here is
that it's yet another reminder in a long,
long list of reminders that people choose to
ignore. The most important single fact related
to computer security:

VMs, javascript in webpages, and any other
scenario where executable code runs, cannot
be made safe. People just don't want to accept
that.