Old May 29th 17, 03:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default What speeds do you get transferring photos over WiFi FTP from mobile device to Windows 10?

In article , harry newton
wrote:

What speeds do you get transferring photos over WiFi FTP from mobile
devices to Windows 10 using the Windows 10 file explorer copy & paste?

ftp is insecure and not the best choice for transferring between a
phone and a desktop device.

in any event, i typically get 400mbit/s using wifi with a variety of
devices. speeds are comparable to gigabit ethernet in real world use
(not theoretical). the hard drives are usually the bottleneck.

https://s15.postimg.org/9zpvpn4wb/taskman_wfi_01.gif

I'm getting about 2 to 3 MBps, with nothing special running on either the
mobile device or on the Windows 10 computer or on the local home network.
https://s29.postimg.org/p5t1kgno7/taskman_wfi_02.gif

then something is very misconfigured.

run a bandwidth analyzer.

All I do is open up the mobile device from the normal Windows file explorer
and then select the photos and press control+c to copy from the mobile
device and control+v to paste to the Windows file system over the local
802.11n LAN.

802.11n is old. upgrade to 802.11ac. unfortunately, not all ac routers
are created equal. some are actually only slightly faster than n.