Old July 10th 04, 03:41 AM
Michael Weinstein

Default Prints from scanned & edited photos

On 2004-07-09 16:27:27 -0400, Valerie2 said:

I'm new here, but I have a question...I'm thinking of selling some of
my photos on Ebay, and instead of getting the photos made directly from
the negatives, I was going to get prints made from scans of my original
prints that have been edited in PhotoShop to lighten them up some. I
scanned the photos into the computer at 400dpi as tif files, then
edited the color levels in PhotoShop. They looked grainy onscreen at
400dpi, so I printed some test photos out on my printer (I have an
Epson Stylus Photo 825), and even on the best photo setting, they came
out looking grainy. If I upload them to a site like Yahoo and order
prints, or take them to a place like Eckerd/Walgreens, will they still
have the graininess when they're printed out? I don't have a
professional photo lab anywhere near me, so a drugstore, Walmart or
Kmart are the best I can do for the prints.

Valerie

You are planning to make copies of your prints using a flatbed scanner,
then digitally print them and sell them?
Suggest you either make traditional prints or print from scans of the
negatives. Either get yourself a good negative scanner and work from
that or have them professionally scanned.
I cannot imagine who would want to buy a print that was made from a
flatbed scan of another print.
--
Michael |Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!