Old August 12th 10, 07:55 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
David Nebenzahl

Default Paper grades, what is normal?

On 8/11/2010 11:14 AM Darkroom User spake thus:

I noticed that some graded B/W papers are coded as (S) for special for
grade 2 and (N) for normal with grade 3 papers. I always thought that
grade 2 is considered to be normal.
Has something changed in recent years to the paper standards?

Not that I know of (but then I'm not the world's foremost authority on
the subject).

What kinds of papers were those?