Old November 13th 08, 04:04 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
John J

Default Stupid Darkroom Idea

Jean-David Beyer wrote:

If money is no object,

The way the economy is going money will be less than an object - it will
become unobtanium!

My retirement supplement lost 70% this year. Ya think I should just
spend the money now because it will be worthless next year? Serious
question!

consider:
http://www.aristogrid.com/cold_light_chart.htm

They might well make you one.

They have a couple that work out of the box and they are less expensive
than the refurbished Durst (aka: whacky electrics) and others on that
auction site.

I'm reading the docs right now. Pretty good information.

But this chart is soooo confusing to my simple brain:
http://www.digoliardi.net/spectra.gif

Looks like an overlay chart of the stock market, level of banker
freak-out and my boss' tri-polar moods.

One thing that I did not understand was a caution that the head can
overheat and illumination drops. So that means the termostat on the
heating element either is one-way or cooling is not properly managed.
Correct?

Thanks for the pointer, Jean-David. You have always been very helpful.

John