Old September 18th 04, 10:28 AM
Ryadia

Bill McCaffrey wrote:

I bought a new Minolta Dimage Scan Dual IV Film Scanner and it will not work
with Windows XP. When I double click the Minolta software icon it says it is
doing set up but it locks and I need ctrl-alt-delete to get out of software.
There is some connection to the scanner because it makes some noise when I
start the software. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not sure about your particular scanner but...
It is standard install practice to install the software without the
scanner being connected. Then hook up the scanner and let windows
discover it. If you installed the scanner and then let windows find it,
the install will most often fail.

Ryadia