Old July 12th 13, 03:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Pablo

Default Scumbag Apple guilty of PRICE FIXING e-books

J. Clarke wrote:

In article , am says...

Ever wonder why an e-books costs
almost as much as a printed book, ...

I've always wondered why people buy e-books in
the first place. For a bit more one can actually own
the real book rather than leasing access to a transcript.
(And that's not counting the initial, steep investment
to buy a reader.)

The reader can pay for itself quickly--there's a lot of good stuff out
there that is public-domain--Caesar and Plato and Aristotle and the rest
for example, and Shakespeare, and Verne, Dickens, Austen, Dumas, etc.
Once one has the reader, one quickly discovers the convenience aspect--I
have the whole of the Harvard Classics in my pocket for example.

I have the whole Jack Aubrey series and did have the entire set of
Alatriste. Oh, I also had most of Benito Pérez Galdós, a load of Sherlock
Holmes and just about everything that Isabel Allende has written, some
Cervantes and a little of Lope de Vega.

All was on my Sony Reader, which I recently dumped in favour of a Kindle
Paperwhite. Still got all the books in Calibre though. Excellent program.

--

Pablo

http://www.ipernity.com/home/313627
http://paulc.es/