Old January 23rd 07, 04:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Magnusfarce

Default Newbie Question About Color Balance Problem in D70s ?

OP here -

Thanks for the thoughts. I probably should have mentioned that one of the
most obvious cases of this shift in color occurred in a pair of consecutive
shots taken not more than maybe a second apart with the same background.
I'd be happy to e-mail them to one of you for inspection if you think it
would be helpful. Is it likely that this is a problem with the camera?
(BTW, I shoot in a somewhat compressed mode for things like this, as opposed
to raw.)

- Magnusfarce

"Magnusfarce" wrote in message
I recently acquired a D70s and used it to shoot some indoor sporting event
pictures this weekend that I'm not satisfied with. At times, with no
adjustment to any camera settings, the color tone shifted back and forth
between a very cool or blue tone to a rather warm or yellow overall tone.
I suspect that this has something to do with the automatic color balance
features of the camera (perhaps a slight shift in background between
pictures is causing this to happen). Can someone confirm if this is the
area I need to study, and if so, recommend a good article on line where I
can learn more about it? TIA

- Magnusfarce