Old September 29th 18, 09:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken Hart[_4_]

Default Sneezing fallow buck photo 'one-in-a-million shot'

On 09/29/2018 12:44 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Sat, 29 Sep 2018 12:06:10 -0400, nospam

newshound wrote:

But then, I guess there
might be a billion (still) photos taken every day?

much more than that.

I wonder how many, then. Good example of a Fermi problem. I'd guessed
(without googling) a billion smartphones with plenty of people not
taking many photos. Although I'll often take a couple of hundred photos
on a day's shooting it's probably not 1000 a month (although I could see
this going up as burst modes get better). Deliberately not counting
things like CCTV.

you might not take very many, but others make up for it.

more than a billion photos are uploaded to google photos every day

And that includes about six good ones.

Sorry, I didn't upload any, so it's only five good ones.

--
Ken Hart