Old November 1st 18, 05:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Capture One 11 Pro: was - Got to admit; when Windows fails, it does so spectacularly.

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Version 5.0. The only reason I upgraded beyond that was for OS
compatibility. It does little for my productivity to have menus shifted
around or the keyboard commands changed.

a *lot* has changed since version 5, *far* more than shifting menus and
changing keyboard commands (which can be set to whatever you want
anyway).

If you could read, you'd know that I have newer versions but don't find
that their features increase my productivity, the accuracy of my work,
or any other aspect critical to me. YMMV. The shifting menus and
changing keyboard commands simply waste my time, and I don't care for
that, either.

keyboard shortcuts can be set to whatever you want and i can't think of
which menu options shifted to where it would confuse someone. if
anything, it's *more* logical now than it used to be, and if you use
the keyboard shortcuts, the menu locations are irrelevant.

that tells me you don't know how to use photoshop to its fullest
potential (or even part of its potential), which is not surprising
given what else you've said. you like doing things the hard way,
resistant to change.

Neil is using Photoshop to process images to his taste. He found out
how to use the basic tool to do that years ago and has found no need
to use the more recent bells and whistles. It follows that learning
how to use photoshop to its fullest potential would require Neill
doing things with images that he has no interest in doing.

thereby confirming what i said.

Neill is using Photoshop to produce images to his taste. He is not
using Photoshop as an end in itself.

just like other photoshop users.