Old October 4th 04, 05:38 AM
Michael A. Covington

"Donald Qualls" wrote in message
. com...

You haven't shopped for dry plates lately, have you? AFAIK, there's one
company on Earth still making them, a factory in Russia; a British
distributor with a business model similar to J and C Photography in this
country was, last I checked, in negotiation with them to purchase a lot of
plates -- I recall the price was to run around $8 per plate in 9x12 cm
size, plus shipping from England, with a minimum order of 100 plates. Out
of my league...

Kodak seems to still have some T-Max 100 plates available, I think, though I
haven't actually asked them.

The other place to look for dry plates might be university chemistry,
physics, and astronomy departments. Some of them may have gotten
overstocked decades ago...