Old September 15th 17, 05:23 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
Chaya Eve

Default Technical & legal background using copyrighted fonts in custom road signs in PowerPoint

On Fri, 15 Sep 2017 14:02:14 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

Why do single and double quotes in PowerPoint always show up as funny
characters in Usenet?

Why are you using PowerPoint as a Usenet client?

My mistake for not being clear.

The original document is a PowerPoint document which contained the
summaries on where to get fonts.

In that original PowerPoint 2007 document, I had typed doublequotes (") and
single quotes "'" which I then cut and pasted into the Usenet summary in my
Usenet client.

When I pasted from PowerPoint to my Usenet client, the doublequotes and
single quotes looked "fine" but when I sent it, "something" in that process
of sending the text to the Usenet changed the doublequotes and single
quotes to a cent sign.

Why?
I don't know why.
Do you?