Old June 28th 04, 02:07 AM
Phil Wheeler

Default Personal Evaluation of Panasonic DMC-FZ10

Pete wrote:

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 20:37:19 GMT, Phil Wheeler wrote:

How did you get that hummingbird to pose for two identical shots with
the two different cameras? I can seldom get even one shot of a hummingbird!

Phil:

As the "small print" reveals, they're actually photos of a printed
hummingbird calendar. You're right that I'd never get 2 shots the same with
real birds!

Thought it was something like that.

The solution I've found to getting single good shots of HBs is to hang a
feeder that has a perching rail around the perimeter. This encourages them
to sit still while feeding. Take your pics from about a foot from the
feeder. They are fearless!

I posted an example from my Oly C-720 at

www.seanet.com/~pgm/jsw_p6060680.jpg

Very nice, Pete.

Phil