Old May 16th 18, 09:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Rear back-up cameras mandated in new cars

In article ,
RichA wrote:

I'm getting wary of all this "mandated" stuff.

Yes, reversing cams are great - I have one and I feel safer as it can
see lower down than I can looking out of the rear window (plus my eyes
can flick between it and the door mirrors for more coverage).

But when it's mandated, it will become and MOT test item like airbags
and we managed quite well for a century without rear cams. Beepers are
dead handy, cams are a nice to have.

Rear cameras, in-car "black boxes" to track you. Pretty soon, speed monitors
that get you a "break" on insurance now, will be mandatory. At some point,
the STATE will take-over control of your vehicle, it'll probably start in cities
with the pretext of "streamlining" traffic.

not the state, but a black box.

at some point (sooner than people think), cars will drive themselves,
and do so a whole lot better than humans ever could.