Old June 21st 08, 06:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper

Default DAVID J LITTLEBOY

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 23:17:54 -0500, John Turco
wrote:

I was a huge basketball fan (both college and pro), from 1972 to the
early 1990's. Then, I suddenly became sick of it, as it simply seemed
to become a rather sleazy business.

Although, during the past few years, I have followed the NBA playoffs,
to a limited extent; the collegiate game still turns me off, for some
reason. (Maybe, because it's sheer hypocrisy to continue calling it
an "amateur" sport?)

I grew up in a basketball state, Indiana, and attended Indiana
University. (Branch Rickey, pre-Bobby Knight) I graduated from high
school the same year that Oscar Robertson graduated from another high
school in town. I was in Butler Fieldhouse when Bobby Plump from
Milan made the shot (the plot of "Hoosiers"). I've watched
basketball since the two-handed push shot and the underarm foul shot.

I still watch, but it's spoiled kids with "me" attitudes now. High
school, college, and NBA.
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida