Old June 21st 08, 05:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Turco

Default Basketball and other sports...

"David J. Littleboy" wrote:

"Allen" wrote:
John Turco wrote:
"David J. Littleboy" wrote:
Oh, heavens, I'd never say something nasty like that. I'm a _proper_
Bostonian.

You and your fellow "proper Bostonians" can celebrate the Celtics' 17th
NBA championship, after Tuesday night's (6-17-08) annihilation
of the Los Angeles Lakers, 131-92.

Not from Boston, but I loved watching every minute of the utter rout, in
lovely, High Definition resolution. :-P

I was very impressed with the Celtics in this game.

As someone who has never played any sport other than ping ping and bowling,
my name really shouldn't be on a Celtics thread. It just ain't right.

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Hello, David:

That's all right...as the the late, great Howard Cosell, once said, "I
never played the game," either. g

I doubt that you'll recall, but, here's a quote, from one of my public
replies to you, on Sept. 3, 2007 (" Total and effective pixels?"):

"Well, you've missed out on 'Bean Town's' sports renaissance, of the
new millennium. The Patriots earned 3 Super Bowl victories and the
Red Sox finally won the World Series; even the long-suffering Celtics
finagled a huge offseason trade, this summer, which is expected to
instantly transform the team into a playoff contender."

During the intervening ten months or so, the Red Sox took another WS
title, the Patriots narrowly lost SB XLII (and almost capped what
would have been an unbeaten season, at 19-0), and the Celtics bagged
their first NBA crown, since 1986.

Not much going on, in your old hometown, otherwise. :-J

Cordially,
John Turco