Old September 8th 14, 01:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Size matters ? how else could Dell squeeze 15 million pixels into this 27" 5K monitor?

On Sun, 07 Sep 2014 10:42:59 +0200, android wrote:

In article ,
Eric Stevens wrote:

On Sun, 07 Sep 2014 09:52:44 +0200, android wrote:

In article ,
PeterN wrote:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/09...tor_and_stuff/

I would hesitate to buy a Dell unit at any price.

Update:

Maybe I should give you this to ponder:

http://tinyurl.com/pkxnqyb

The article clears up why tinted panels goes through the Dell QC and I
can confirm this since I've observed it myself on a U2412M.
The current models have the look to produced by the same subcontractor.

I have two Dell U2410 monitors. One I bought new and is probably about
five years old. The other I bought used earlier this year and is
probably about two years old. They are basically the same monitor but
have different alphabetic suffixes (which I can't locate as yet). Both
are regularly calibrated by Spyder 4 and once they have warmed up you
can't tell one from the other. I don't know what you are bleating
about. Have you any actual experience of a properly calibrated Dell
Ultrasharp monitor?

Yes.

What was the monitor and what was your experience?

Eric Stevens