Old May 14th 06, 06:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Canon 350D. How to stop the film rewind sound?

The sounds you get are entirely mechanical and inherent in any camera
with a mirror and a proper shutter*:
The mirror must be raised rapidly and decelerated
even more rapidly.
The first curtain of the shutter must open.
The second curtain of the shutter must close.
The mirror must return.
The shutter must be rewound.
These all make noise, some SLR cameras are quitter than others, my film
SLR is much louder that my 350D.

I would like a digital range finder with an APS-C sensor and a leaf
shutter for circumstances which dictate near silent operation.

* I a do not know how the new Olympus performs in all modes.

In article . com,
writes
Hello,
Does anyone have an idea is that possible to stop Canon 350D from
making this noisy sound? I really dont need it to make good pictures,
and sometimes I prefer my camera to be quiet...

--
Ian G8ILZ