Old August 24th 05, 04:11 AM
Hunt

In article , jcarter10screwspam@comcast.
net says...

How much difference would there be between a "standard" and "high speed"
compact flash card when used in a 5mp Canon S500 (discontinued) Digital
Elf
camera? A camera store sales person says "next to none" in this particular
camera, but if I was using it in a digital SLR I would notice a
difference.
My main concern is that I don't want to slow down the shot-to-shot times
when taking pictures. I'm not concerned about transfer times to the
computer.

I do not know about your Canon, but I and an assistant with CP5000 & 5700
found a BIG difference in write-time with a 24x card, even though everyone
said that the cameras' sofware would never use the difference in write
capability. Don't know if this will apply to your gear, but it was a very
pleasant surprise to both of us.

Hunt