Old September 12th 17, 09:04 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
Andre G. Isaak

Default Technical & legal background using copyrighted fonts in custom road signs in PowerPoint

In article ,
Chaya Eve wrote:

On Mon, 11 Sep 2017 23:46:55 -0600, "Andre G. Isaak"
wrote:

So the only font choices that are feasible are, in this order:
* USA Highway Gothic (not free, but available free so maybe it is free)
* USA Clearview (not free)
* Germany DIN 1451 (maybe free)
* USA Roadgeek (definitely free)
* Germany Bahnschrift & DIN (definitely free)

I think your definition of 'free' needs work. Bahnschrift and DIN are
bundled with Windows and macOS respectively. They are, however,
definitely not free.

I guess it depends on what is meant by free, because electricity to run a
computer isn't free either, so even freeware requires electricity to run.

I think you misunderstood my point -- I'm pointing out that it's not a
good idea to place bundled fonts in the same category as freeware fonts.
The latter can generally be redistributed, whereas the former cannot be.

Andre

--
To email remove 'invalid' & replace 'gm' with well known Google mail service.