Old January 8th 05, 02:09 AM
Al Denelsbeck

"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote in
k.net:

Raskolnikov Alexis Friedemann
writes:

I want to shoot some nudes so that they look like contour drawings.

Use a slide projector(s) for illumination. Use a slide with stripes
of the sort that you would like to have fall accross the object.
Draw/print stripes on paper and photograph?

Photoshop: take the mouse and start drawing lines. If the lighting
is just right posterzing the image will give a sort-of topographical
map approach.

One simple approach might be to shoot through two layers of screen -
the overlapping grids form what's called a moire pattern (I'm too lazy to
punctuate that correctly) and may produce an effect close enough to what
you're after. Doctors use this very method to detect scoliosis, because
asymmetries in the spinal column will become visible within the pattern.

See http://www.rch.org.au/erc/photo/index.cfm?doc_id=141 for an
example.

Good luck!

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to match domain below
Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net