Old January 9th 07, 05:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
just bob

Default Which Monopod?

"Chris Gilbert" wrote in message
Ian B wrote

I would like your opinions before I buy, I might be missing a trick
somewhere.

I do a lot of backcountry stuff and I have a Leki Sierra Trek-pod
to which is permanently attached a general purpose quick release
shoe. The camera carries the attachment, obviously. It thus serves
the dual purpose of being a trekking pole and a handy monopod
when a tripod is overkill or too timeconsuming. I agree that a pan/
tilt head is probably overkill, if not contradictory. If I need to spend
time on a compostion that needs pan/tilt I'll hoy out the tripod.

And I'm going to guess if you were trying to shoot something which was
moving you would not use your monopod at all (or your tripod unless you had
a big Wimberley head or similar)