Old January 14th 18, 10:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
micky

Default P&S camera with GPS?

In rec.photo.digital, on Sun, 14 Jan 2018 19:23:08 +0100, android
wrote:

Most phones have GPS included, perhaps your does not, or perhaps there's

I checked again and in the photo settings, it was the very first one.
I'd seen it and I'd either left it off or turned it off. Oh well.

an option to enable geo-tagging in the EXIF data. Let's hope the new
phone does.

So then I looked in the new phone and I can't even find the settings for
Camera. No, I found it, first tap Mode, then tap the little gear in the
upper right. Save Location Info was on already but Add Time Stamp was
off. I set it on.

So thank you for posting. I would have had GPS but no time or date.
Wait. Will this makde the time and date show on the picture? Ah, yes.
Reading more closely, it says "in photo". I turned it back off.

It's Android 7. something, and it's a Xiaomi phone, Redmi Note 4.

On the main camera screen, it has a setting for flash, HDR, mode,
still/motion, front/back, and Mode. For Mode iit has Panorama, Timer,
Audio, Manual, Straighten (horizontally), Beautify, HHT, Scene, and
Tilt-shift. That sure seems like a lot of settings, more than I can
keep track of.

For example, for Beautify, it has 2 choices when it's on, Show age and
gender, or just Show age. Beaufify is set at the default, Medium. So I
guess that means it will mediumly show their age and gender. I don't
know where it is supposed to show it, though.

I used to carry round a Nikon DSLR, but that became too heavy and bulky
for me I move to a micro-four-thirds system (Panasonic GX7) with which
I've been delighted. Of course, I need to geo-tag the pictures so I use
a separate GPS USB-sized stick which I've found very reliable. Having
now upgraded to a Moto G5 plus phone I find the images taken by that
very acceptable, typically for outdoor shots, but also for indoor shots
of restaurant food. There's not 18 x 20 quality, of course, but
adequate for my needs. My latest addition is a very compact P&S camera
with a 30:1 zoom (Panasonic TZ90), the zoom overcoming the limitations
of the phone!

My camera doesn't have 30:1 and I forget what it has but it's still very
good, and more than the prior one.

I posted links to both an Android GPS logger app and a desktop app for
syncing earlier in this thread... HTH.

Yeah. there's a lot in this thread and I haven't had time to check those
links yet, but I'm working on it. Thank you.
--
teleportation kills