Old February 4th 12, 07:34 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Pete A

Default Olympus OM enthusiasts' digital prayers have been answered ...

On 2012-02-04 19:02:34 +0000, Chloe said:

On 5/02/2012 4:15 AM, Bruce wrote:
As the most eagerly awaited Micro Four Thirds announcement yet draws
closer, 43rumors.com has unretouched images of the new Olympus OM-D
model equipped with a battery grip.

It is a very good looking camera, drawing on featured of the original
Olympus OM 35mm SLRs plus the E Series DSLRs. It is mirrorless but
has a 1.4 million dot EVF in the "pentaprism housing".

The camera is confusingly named the Olympus E-M5 but the front of the
top plate is clearly marked OM-D. It looks like OM-D describes the OM
Digital range, and the model number within that range is E-M5.

Official announcement is on Wednesday February 8.

http://www.43rumors.com/ft5-first-fu...s-of-the-e-m5/

Lets get this right.
Oly made a behind the times E3 that nearly put paid to their plans for
a DSLR. Then they put out another monster wearing the "E" badge that
was so far behind in technology, it had no chance of ever selling in
any numbers.

Calling it "Pro" and showing it soaking in water didn't do anything for
sales either. Digital noise worse than a s3 Fuji didn't seem to bother
the few who remained loyal to the brand.

I suppose using that methodology, Stuffing an OM looking body full of
all those Pro parts that never sold makes perfectly good sense.
Imitating the old half frame pen worked (almost) why not falling back
of their old flagship? Maybe they might even have a fix for the almost
constant back focus errors the OMs used to develop. Now that would be a
step forward except for being 20 years too late.

Coming out with another obsolete camera just as mirrorless digital
reaches and almost exceeds Pro level needs. Yep! Go to it Oly. I just
can't wait for the belly laughs from all those loyal Olympus followers
blind to the stupidity of this rumour. Not even Olympus could be this
stupid, could they?

Where do these people get their ideas from? 1980 Popular Science magazines?

The Nikon D800 will have 36 MP, according to rumors. What I find
interesting is that the vast majority of Nikon lenses struggle to match
the resolving power of existing sensors. Oly knows a few things about
lens design that others have forgotten.

During an almost global recession, we can expect to see some fishes out
of water.