Old July 20th 04, 06:31 AM
Kimberlee

Default Comparing Compact Flash card types

You, too, are spoiled! Grin

I love my S1 IS.
I just got back from a trip, and I was very, *very* pleased with the photos
I took. The toughest shots were from a boat, trying to photograph water
skiers...but even those turned out wonderful (nice thing about digital is I
can erase the shots of just the knees because we hit a wake).

I was happy with the speed of the CF card's speed, and I was estatic with
what I'd learned to do in just a week.
Storing photos and taking photos in succession was not a problem, and I shot
about 400 pics in 4 days; various settings, exposures and speeds.
The CF speed was not an issue (SanDisk 256).

I was thinking of getting just a couple more 256 cards until I tried to
shoot a video...not nearly enough storage space, so I'm going to go bigger.
I understand that I can shoot up to 5" of video with a 1gb card. Okay,
then! All in all, though, I think this S1 IS is way better than the Minolta
Dimage Z1.
~Kimberlee

"y_p_w" wrote in message
om...

I've got a PowerShot S1 IS. I've played around with it using the
slowest CF cards I own (standard SanDisk purchased in late 2002).
It takes a long time before I can't take a shot. I supsect the
camera has a large internal high-speed memory, and that speed of
the cards won't be an issue in the camera unless you manage to max
out the internal memory. It might be an issue in an card reader.

My PowerShot S200 would max out quickly when bursting shots. With
the S1 IS, I was able to get well over 20 straight medium 1 shots
with fine compression before it refused to take any more shots.