Old April 26th 18, 05:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default The last days of analog

On 2018-04-25 13:46:32 +0000, Savageduck said:

On Apr 24, 2018, Eric Stevens wrote
(in ):

On Mon, 23 Apr 2018 19:51:35 -0400,
wrote:

In , Eric Stevens
wrote:

the corrections can be done *outside* of the camera, where you can
guess all you want and undo it whenever you make an incorrect guess,
or, let the computer do the calculations *for* you, eliminating the
need to guess.

Have another look at
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dku87csvth...00941.jpg?dl=0

That's the result of technology applied to
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hgfbskbe4c...941-2.jpg?dl=0

that's the result of not doing it correctly.

There were constraints around me that limited what I could do. I hoped
that I would get enough image to be useful but I was wrong. If I had a
camera with all the necessary movements I would have known that it was
a lost cause before I took the picture.

it wouldn't have been a lost cause had you known how to work within
those constraints.

What would you have done?

Buy a Fujifilm GFX 50S and the Cambo Actus-GFX View Camera system:

https://www.cambo.com/en/actus-series/actus-gfx-view-camera/

https://blog.cambo.com/2017/12/20/ca...gfx50s-camera-
review/

I believe they also have systems for the X-T2 and Canon & Nikon DSLRs.

Not as portable nor practical as tilt-shift lenses but it depends on
your needs right? Here's the Horseman take on the concept:

https://vimeo.com/6350947

Very interesting but you should take into account the comment from
Cambo site:

"As the GFX50s is mirrorless it will focus with lenses wider than
60mm. DSLRs cannot do this due to the mirror box, the rear element
is too far from the sensor."

There's also the stitching back approach:

https://www.amazon.com/Fotodiox-Pro-Lens-Mount-Adapter/dp/B004G17LFG

That might revitalise my old 4"x 5" field camera. If it only had a
decent lens :-(

Eric Stevens