Old December 2nd 17, 02:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default Photoshopping school photos

On 11/30/2017 5:16 PM, Ken Hart wrote:
On 11/30/2017 10:05 AM, Mayayana wrote:
"PeterN" wrote

| Event and portrait photographers have been fixing blemishes for years.
| In the digital age a lot of people tend to regard photographers as a
| commodity, and not as craftsman and artists. Photographers are entitled
| to make an honest living. They need to eat, as do all of us. If fixing
| images of teeth helps them do so, I think that's great.

Â*Â* Sure. Though I was not aware that such things
were being done at the level of school photos.

Â*Â*Â* I was only pointing out that this seems to be
neither the realm of the photographer nor of the
graphic artist. Like "fixing redeye", it's become a
one-click operation. I imagine publishing companies
probably have very advanced stuff to do it, so
that only one click give a movie star hips,
bright blue eyes, and air-brushed skin, while
thinning her chin to "feminize", maybe reshaping
her nose, etc. The program I got for free with PSP
claims to do most of that. I can hardly imagine
what Cosmo must use.

Once upon a time, skilled portrait photographers could handle most of
those things with creative lighting and posing.

There must be some who still can.

--
PeterN