Old November 30th 17, 10:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Photoshopping school photos

In article , Ken Hart
wrote:

I was only pointing out that this seems to be
neither the realm of the photographer nor of the
graphic artist. Like "fixing redeye", it's become a
one-click operation. I imagine publishing companies
probably have very advanced stuff to do it, so
that only one click give a movie star hips,
bright blue eyes, and air-brushed skin, while
thinning her chin to "feminize", maybe reshaping
her nose, etc. The program I got for free with PSP
claims to do most of that. I can hardly imagine
what Cosmo must use.

Once upon a time, skilled portrait photographers could handle most of
those things with creative lighting and posing.

they still can.