Old December 28th 09, 10:59 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
David Nebenzahl

Default Longevity of film developer

On 12/28/2009 11:51 AM David Nebenzahl spake thus:

On 12/28/2009 6:33 AM Lew spake thus:

Since the camera was rebuilt, were you sure of the shutter speeds?

Reasonably, yes. It's a Pax M4, which has a really simple leaf shutter.
Hard for it not to be (at least somewhat) accurate. I can test it with
my shutter speed tester, but the exposures seem to correspond well. I'll
probably do that the next couple of days.

Ack! Posted that too soon.

Turns out the shutter speeds for that camera (the Pax I shot the roll of
film with) plus another one were pretty far off--like almost twice as
slow as they should be at most speeds.

Still, that means the exposure would have been off by 1 stop, not a huge
amount, so my original premise that the developer I used is still
practically full strength is correct. It's just that the over-density
wasn't helped by the slow shutter.

--
I am a Canadian who was born and raised in The Netherlands. I live on
Planet Earth on a spot of land called Canada. We have noisy neighbours.

- harvested from Usenet