Old August 3rd 15, 11:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Rikishi42

Default Photo file rename by to date and time taken

On 2015-08-03, Tony Cooper wrote:
Try to be a little more careful in your attributions, please.

The paragraph you are responding to is not mine. My contribution in
what you have quoted is a support of the choice to rename files.

Sorry about that, misread the quoting contexts.

the EXIF data if it's there. It will, in fact, pull from the EXIF
data and number the files using the date the photo was taken if the
user does not want to specify the number.

The OP later emailed me directly about this program, so I assume he's
using it.

Good, at least someone helpt out.

--
When in doubt, use brute force.