Old August 18th 04, 07:31 PM
S. S.

Default Seeking recommendation for used SLR gears

Hello gurus/listers/grouplings,

I need your advice on buying used SLR gears. I started the hobby of
photographing a year ago when I bought a Canon G3 digital camera. Now
I decide to buy a used SLR. More specifically,

(1). I am looking for a SLR body plus a 50mm prime lens and flash as
start-up. Will add wide-angle and telephoto prime lenses later.

(2). I need to use it as a good tool to learn such techniques as depth
of field. So please take this into consideration when you make
recommendations.

(3). I am open to either manual focus or auto focus, but one thing
that is very important to me is the lens mount compatibility. I do not
want it to be a painful process to choose lenses because of the
limitation of lens mount compatibility.

(4). My main interests are outdoor and landscape.

I am looking forward to your valuable suggestions. Since I am living
in an area with extensive exposure to used SLR gears (through
classified ads or dealers), I appreciate if you can make your
recommendation as specific as possible. Thank you in advance!

SS