Old September 27th 11, 07:05 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete A

Default an excellent read from the ACLU

On 2011-09-27 14:15:21 +0100, Bruce said:
Paul Furman wrote:
I know a guy who shoots TV commercials. The cost is prohibitive for
copyright permission for most any American city with modern architecture
visible, so he has to shoot in Canada or often Eastern European cities,
and even has had to do CGI virtual buildings if the ad needs a real
fancy piece of modern architecture to work.

A surprising number of TV commercials shown in the UK are shot in
South Africa. The South African authorities bend over backwards to
make it easy to film there, and the architecture is not so different
to the UK.

On the other hand Glasgow, Scotland is currently the shooting location
for a Hollywood film set in Philadelphia. Glasgow has attracted many
filmmakers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...set_in_Glasgow

It's a strange world that we live in.

Indeed it is. I recall going to the cinema to see "Educating Rita", a
story that was inextricably linked with my home town of Liverpool and
its University, which I attended, only to find that all the location
shots had been filmed in Dublin. :-(

I did't know that. I'm still trying to recover from her lying about her
name :-(