Old June 6th 07, 01:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
dennis@home

Default which PC

"Shawn Hirn" wrote in message

Not true at all. Try the latest Macs with Photoshop and see for yourself
or just check out iPhoto 6, which is great for the typical amateur
photographer. I use Macs and Windows XP daily.

Mac OS X runs rings
around Windows for functionality, reliability, and ease of use, plus I
spend a lot less time doing maintenance stuff such as installing OS
updates and no security issues.

Do you want to look at that in detail?

Mac OS X has less functionality than Vista (not that it matters to me as I
run applications and not OSes as such).
OS updates for windows install themselves and what's more they are free and
don't cost $150 pa when a new "version" arrives.
There are security issues on Macs if you haven't been patching them you are
asking for trouble.

Oh the hardware in Macs is as close to a PC as you can get too.
Just as well really as Mac performance was getting very slow compared to
PCs.

You can even buy a two or three button mouse for a Mac to make it useable.
PS what *idiot* invented a circular mouse for a Mac?