Old June 6th 07, 10:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

Default which PC

mogh baba wrote:
hi,

I have a question which I hope someone can give me e good answer.
Recently, my computer died and the serviceman says the usual word: You
do not win by repairing this and it is better to get a new pc.
the only sertiouse requirement I have from a new pc is that it is good
for working with digital RAW files. The specifications suggests that
the new computer with 250 G HDD and 1024 ram and an Intel Core 2 duo
2.0 desktop seems to be good enough for me. My only question is about
the integrated garaphic card. the seller says it is very good and if
i want to get a seperated card it will cost me more than 150 US
dollar. shall I go for the integrated card or get a seperate one?
Shall I think about other specifications? The integrated card is
called: "onboard Intel GMa3000 256mb".

I hope I have given enough information.

best regards,

Mojtaba

ONly a couple of suggestions.
First, get the best monitor you afford as the monitor IS what you see.
Second, get as much ram as your computer will allow. This will make
everything run faster, and will allow your photo editing software to run
most efficiently. 1GB is NOT enough for heavy photo editing!

Unless you really want to do gaming, having the top of the line video
adapter is NOT necessary. If you have a good LCD display, make sure it,
and the computer both have the ability to handle digital video.