Old December 14th 17, 10:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.video.desktop
Eric Stevens

Default Is there an easy way to stop this light scatter ghosting in all my photos & videos of engine valves?

On Thu, 14 Dec 2017 16:48:04 -0000 (UTC), Arthur Wood
wrote:

Is there an easy way to stop this light scatter sparkling in all my photos
& videos of engine valves. What specifically is causing all the ghosting
and sparkling?

I'm using just a shop light and a mobile phone to video (without flash) and
photograph (with and without flash) an engine problem where all the photos
have this shiny glare no matter what angle I put the light or phone with
respect to the valves - and whether or not I use flash.

https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/368..._bay1.jpg.html
https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/368..._bay2.jpg.html
https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/368..._bay3.jpg.html
https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/368..._bay4.jpg.html
https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/368..._bay5.jpg.html
https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/368..._bay6.jpg.html
https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/368..._bay7.jpg.html
https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/368..._bay8.jpg.html
https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/368..._bay9.jpg.html
https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/368...bay10.jpg.html

The original thread is here, where it also contains video with the same
problem, but the photos above show the problem enough.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1181089

Is there an easy way to stop this light scatter ghosting in all my photos &
videos of engine valves.

I think you mean cams rather than valves.

It looks to me as though the highlighted parts give rise to a strak of
light at an angle to the frame of the image. In some of the shots
(e.g. bay 10) streaks can be seen emenating from highlights other than
the cams. I suspect the problem may be due to a smear on the camera
lens. I suggest you try it with another camera.

Eric Stevens