Old December 14th 17, 05:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital, rec.video.desktop
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Is there an easy way to stop this light scatter ghosting in all my photos & videos of engine valves?

On Dec 14, 2017, Paul wrote
(in article ):

Arthur Wood wrote:
Is there an easy way to stop this light scatter sparkling in all my photos
& videos of engine valves. What specifically is causing all the ghosting
and sparkling?

I'm using just a shop light and a mobile phone to video (without flash) and
photograph (with and without flash) an engine problem where all the photos
have this shiny glare no matter what angle I put the light or phone with
respect to the valves - and whether or not I use flash.

https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/368..._bay1.jpg.html
https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/368..._bay2.jpg.html
https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/368..._bay3.jpg.html
https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/368..._bay4.jpg.html
https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/368..._bay5.jpg.html
https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/368..._bay6.jpg.html
https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/368..._bay7.jpg.html
https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/368..._bay8.jpg.html
https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/368..._bay9.jpg.html
https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/368...bay10.jpg.html

The original thread is here, where it also contains video with the same
problem, but the photos above show the problem enough.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1181089

Is there an easy way to stop this light scatter ghosting in all my photos &
videos of engine valves.

https://www.diyphotography.net/getti...larized-light/

Paul

Nope! This isn’t a problem that polarizer filters will fix. This is a case
where a light diffuser, or reflector is needed.

Savageduck