Old February 9th 05, 10:28 PM
Timberwoof

Default OsX or MacOS - which should I go with?

In article , Mike
wrote:

In article . com,
"Kevin McMurtrie "
wrote:

Hi. I am about to make the switch from Windoze to Mac. Should I jump
right into OsX, or should I start with the original MacOS 9.*??

That's like asking "I'm going to switch from MacOOZE to Windows.
Should I jump right into Windows XP, or should I start with the original
Windows 3.0?" :-)

Forget MacOS 9. It sucks. It blows major chunks.

No, it doesn't. No, it isn't. I'd still take it over any Windows operating
system any day.

It's officially
dead and unsupported as far as Apple is concerned.

New development is unsupported. Classic is still supported under OS X.

Unless you are studying ancient history, there is no other choice than
OS X.

.... with the classic environment if you have old favorite software. But
otherwise, you're right.

--
Timberwoof me at timberwoof dot com http://www.timberwoof.com
http://www.sorryeverybody.com/gallery/200/