Old March 6th 18, 11:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Sort of on topic - Coolpix 900 is/are good for rockets

On Sun, 4 Mar 2018 14:14:28 +0000, newshound
wrote:

On 04/03/2018 07:15, Eric Stevens wrote:
https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/03/...d-spectacular/
or https://tinyurl.com/yar3pxtp

Impressive for hand held (but why would one *not* use a tripod in such a
case). I'm only a low-end amateur, but my Velbon DV-7000 is a modest
price for a damped tripod.

The photographer was in a crowd of people being shepherded from one
part of the site to another. I would expect a tripod is something he
could easily do without in the circumstances.

I've always been a bit sceptical about extreme zooms, but I can see that
they have a niche for a one-camera person who wants to do (say) a bit of
wildlife or "long range" sports.

That was why it was recommended to him.

Eric Stevens