Old November 15th 07, 05:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Peter Irwin

Default DSLR vs P&S a replay of Film vs Digital?

Bill Tuthill wrote:
Arguments over relative merits of DSLR vs P&S digicams
occupy a plurality of current traffic volume on r.p.d.

In many ways it reminds me of the film vs digital debate
of the last many years.

Except that most of the anti-DSLR stuff seems to be by
one person with many names.

DSLR partisans seem like the defenders of film, because
they don't have a lot of firm evidence that their workflow
is superior, except at high ISO or some arcane usage.

I have no partisanship in the matter - I still use film.

But I did feel it important to note that the claim that
getting the same DOF in macro work on a large sensor
as a small one results in greater diffraction problems
with the large sensor is wrong.

I know DSLRs are selling well, but do these flame wars
indicate the beginning of the end?

One person with many names does not actually constitute
a mass movement.

Peter.