Old August 4th 15, 10:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Eric Stevens

Default Risked a pot pie

On Tue, 04 Aug 2015 04:16:49 GMT, "MC" wrote:

Eric Stevens wrote:

On Tue, 04 Aug 2015 00:26:58 GMT, "MC" wrote:

--- snip ---

No one says you have to like it, but I do, and that's what counts.
Yes, it is extremely sharp, it needs to be.

It "needs" to be? Why does it "need" to be? Because you say so?
Nothing "needs" to be anything. You may "like" it to be but it does
not "need" to be.

It needs 'to be' because that's how he likes it.

Erm have you actually read and understood my post?

Yes, and you have missed the central point. PeterN does it on purpose
because that's how he likes it.

It doesn't seem to have dawned on you that that's how he likes it
because that's his taste. And then you go on to write:
"I do not criticise somebody else's taste because tastes do, indeed,
differ ... "

Erm have you actually read and understood my post?

Yes, and you have missed the central point. PeterN does it on purpose
because that's how he likes it.

I do not criticise somebody else's taste because tastes do, indeed,
differ including mine. I will say if I like or do not like
something but I will never be critical of someone else's taste if
it differs to my own.

What do you think you have been doing in your last few posts but
criticising his tastes? So much for your "I will never be critical of
someone else's taste if it differs to my own."

Erm have you actually read and understood my post?

Yes, and you have missed the central point. PeterN does it on purpose
because that's how he likes it.

However, I will criticise someone's skill, especially when they
continually ignore suggestions designed to help said person to
improve that skill. Many times you have been given advice (not
necessarily mine), many times you have ignored it and continued
posting images with the same technical errors. You are in constant
denial that your images are often flawed and you blame anything,
including your tools, other than the one thing you need to improve,
basic technique.

It still hasn't got through to you that PeterN's images so often look
the way they do because that's the way he likes it. It's not due to
his lack of skill: it's his personal taste.

Erm, have you actually read and understood my post?... I think not.

Yes, and you have missed the central point. PeterN does it on purpose
because that's how he likes it. And if you actually did think you
would have understood that point a long time ago.

Eric Stevens