Old May 10th 11, 02:36 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Tony Cooper

Default [SI] At the Museum is posted, Some comments

On Mon, 9 May 2011 18:07:50 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

Tony Cooper:
Mennelo Porch 1 & 2:
I like the idea of the strong color fields, and the porch setting,
however with #2 I find the PS filter pushes the surreal a bit much for
me. I think this is a case where cleaner works better. It would have
been nice to see more of the contents of the museum.

Photography is not allowed in the museum. The building itself has no
photographic merit. I chose the furniture grouping because 1) I liked
the colors, and 2) the porch was the only photographically interesting
aspect. A shot of the porch showing the full name was a problem
because of a deep overhang that created bad shadows any time of day.

The museum content is modern art, so I played around with #2 to match
the type of art inside the museum.

Seminole County Museum:
Nice "Old Folks Home" I think this is a case where the interior might
have been more interesting, rather than the building.

Trust me, it isn't. The most interesting items inside are old
photographs of the area. It doesn't seem right to photograph
photographs.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida