Old December 15th 04, 03:59 PM
Nicholas O. Lindan

"Michael A. Covington" wrote

Just as, 100 years ago, chemical photography completely killed off the art
of drawing with a pencil. Now you can't get pencils anywhere. Right?

Welllll, actually: half right.

Can't get a good ordinary office-style wood pencil anymo A Blackwing,
a #1 Venus Velvet ... they don't make them any more. The best I can
do is a Sanford Turquoise drawing pencil; I still have a '60s vintage
Blackwing for comparison and the Sanford is not even close.

A Pentel 0.5mm with 2B HiPolymer lead is the closest I can find to a
decent pencil.

So the only good pencils these days are for art, engineering and
architecture.

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
Remove spaces etc. to reply: n o lindan at net com dot com