Old October 16th 07, 07:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.marketplace.digital,misc.consumers.frugal-living
SMS

Default Did I buy the worst two Nikon cameras (or are they all this bad?)

Jeff wrote:
Jeanette Guire wrote:

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 18:54:59 +0100, BIC wrote:

you have just been unlucky...........or heavy handed.

It's a VERY common problem BIC. Google for the Nikon coolpix battery door
latch and you'll see many people have the same problem. For every one you
find, there are hundreds who don't know about the usenet or the forums.
Even Nikon's own forums are fraught with sorry sad little coolpix owners.

Or switch to Canon. Canon has had a substantial lead on digital
technology that the others have been playing catch up with for years.
And the ergonomics of Canon are pretty good. I'm *really* hard on
cameras and my Canon A95 is still ticking (so's my Rebel and elph). It's
had a *lot* of exposures clicked through it.

It's true, the A series is remarkably robust for such an inexpensive
line of cameras.