Old February 27th 15, 08:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
RJH

Default First "true" digital rangefinder camera

On 26/02/2015 22:24, Bill W wrote:
On 26 Feb 2015 12:34:06 GMT, Sandman wrote:

Konost is going to release a full frame digital rangefinder camera in 2016

http://konost.com/?page_id=6654

Dubbing it the "The World’s First True Digital Rangefinder", which seems to be in
relation to the rangefinder is also a digital sensor.

It looks a bit neat, and will take Leica lenses, so.. your move, Leica?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7xCskVNOZQ

As others have said, it probably has no chance. From their site:

"The Konost Camera aims to bring back the lost experience of
photography- taking time to think, focus and compose before taking the
perfect image."

That's all very nice, as long as the only thing you ever do is static
shots, with plenty of time to get things set. Worse yet, who *wants*
to take the time "to think, focus and compose", and why would that
assure the "perfect image"? Or even any improvement over what comes
from any other quality camera? Either way, if you're into that stuff,
today's cameras have an 'M' setting on that dial.

I would accept that the thinking does apply to me to an extent. I tend
to take some pictures almost as a reflex, thinking that it might in some
way capture the moment, with the electronics doing something clever. Of
course, it doesn't. The worst example of this is at live events. Some
people seem to take almost continuous footage with their phones. Likely
never used.

For some people, being 'dragged back' screaming and kicking is a valid
marketing ploy.

Sort of related, I see that handwriting is being taken off the
curriculum of some US and Scandinavian schools, and is being considered
here in the UK. We'll see how long it takes before this 'outmoded'
method of recording information is reclaimed.

--
Cheers, Rob