Old March 28th 17, 03:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default What comes after Dropbox?

On 2017-03-28 13:37:40 +0000, "David B." said:

On 28/03/2017 13:57, android wrote:
In article ,
"David B." wrote:

On 28/03/2017 02:43, philo wrote:
On 03/27/2017 05:49 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
I've been using Dropbox quite satisfactorily, for several years, to
provide links to photographs I want to post to the Internet. Now they
have changed the way they work and I am not atll satisfied with either
the way they work or what they seem to do to images.

I have one image which I have been trying to post in response to an
article by Savageduck in which we were discussing a collection of
landscape photographs. All I can manage with Dropbox is coarse
fine-detail and obvious color banding in the sky.

I know there are various ways in which I can replace Dropbox but it
will take me a long time to explore them all. I would be grateful for
any suggestions as to the best way I can go about replacing Dropbox.

Dropbox works fine for me but some folks say it takes a while for the
images to load

This is one of my favorite images I've saved there!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b55p0t1fio...amock.jpg?dl=0

It looks good on MY machine. What do others think of the quality?

As expected. Marley looks fine and, well the colors of the hammock is
your choice...

That's good to learn ..... yet Marley is my son's dog, as is the
hammock! I suspect the latter was bought in the USA when my son was
serving there!

How would DB change the pictures appearance without
parsing and altering the file?

I might have a play with GIMP https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GIMP

Is there a better way?

It looks as though you are using a Mac, so my suggestion is to take a
look at either Luminar or Affinity Photo. Either one is less of a
headache than GIMP and both work very well on a Mac without going to
the Adobe subscription model. There is also Pixelmator to consider.

https://macphun.com/luminar
https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/photo/
http://www.pixelmator.com

Savageduck