Old September 29th 18, 07:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default My X-T3 30fps Burst test

On Sep 29, 2018, Tony Cooper wrote
(in ):

On Sat, 29 Sep 2018 10:28:46 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

You are going to have to differentiate between stills, and video when it
comes to presentation intent. Then consider whether, or not you are shooting
a massive burst to capture a moment in time, or to analyze a particular
movement sequence. Both concepts are useful, but the hunt for the frame of
the captured moment to edit in post for presentation has to be chosen from
that burst of 30-100, or more frames. A veritable needle in the haystack,
and
then there is the possibility that you have captured nothing.

It should make it even more impressive that Eadweard Muybridge
(Muggeridge) took photographs in 1887 that showed that a galloping
horse does have all four hoofs off the ground at certain points.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eadweard_Muybridge

Burst photography is often utilized by athletic coaches to evaluate an
athlete's movements...a baseball pitcher's delivery, a quarterback's
passing style, a golfer's swing, or a sprinter's take-off from the
blocks.

Those photos of a punter you posted might be used to point out needs
for improvement.

To all of the above I agree. For some there is going to be a need, and some
will undoubtably find, or already have a purpose for shooting 30-100 frame
bursts at such high frame rates. For me it is a novelty, and most of my
action shooting is going to be in the 4-11fps range, if and when I use the
burst mode at an event.

Savageduck