Old October 9th 04, 01:49 AM
Roger Halstead

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 09:03:35 -0700, Big Bill wrote:

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 02:19:34 GMT, Bruce Patis
wrote:

snip

It sounds like there was some sort of software being used other than
Windows Explorer (I know too little about the Mac to address that).
I can use Windows Explorer in XP to copy files from my card to my hard
drive with no added files put on the card. However, if other software
is used, it *might* be putting an index file on the card; if so, it
should be (as you reported) a very small file.

Windows Explorer does it when the files are viewd as thumbnails while
still on the CF card.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Bill Funk