Old May 16th 09, 08:03 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

Default MF to 35mm adaptors

Alan Browne wrote:
Max Perl wrote:
I still have my adapter to use Hasselblad lenses on Nikon SLR.
I have now sold my Hasselblad equipment but I had the CFE 50, CFi 50,
120, 180.
The lenses focuses opposite the Nikkors (so you have to turn opposite
the indicater in the viewfinder) and the Hasselblad lenses are very
large. You have to use stop down metering. You can get good results
but in the long run I don't think you will use it. I could see no
better performance over the Nikkors. The Hasselblad lenses also have
very few apperture blades and do not use rounded blades either. The
CFi 50 + adapter is very much to carry for a normal lens. An idea
could be if you don't have a macro lens and then use the 120mm. If a
SLR came out with a larger sensor the 24x36 then the adapter (or
another because a larger mount may be necessary) could be very useful.

Thanks. I don't have a wide-ish portrait lens (I'm considering the CZ
85 f/1.4) so I'd like to try my 80mm Hassy lens on the Sony a900. That
might suffice (though I doubt it is as sharp as the 85mm f/1.4, and it's
certainly not as fast).

Also would like to try the 120 Makro on there. I'm not sure my 150 will
be all that useful, however.

The 120 makro could be useful tilted on a PB-4 bellows. That has about a
50mm extension (before adding adapters) so I'm not sure how far the
longest view would be, perhaps only rather extreme macros. I use an 85mm
T/S for flower closeups almost daily and frequently take advantage of
the tilting to capture what I want in focus. DOF is of course limited
for closeups so this is actually useful/meaningful.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net