Old May 16th 09, 06:41 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Default MF to 35mm adaptors

Max Perl wrote:
I still have my adapter to use Hasselblad lenses on Nikon SLR.
I have now sold my Hasselblad equipment but I had the CFE 50, CFi 50, 120,
180.
The lenses focuses opposite the Nikkors (so you have to turn opposite the
indicater in the viewfinder) and the Hasselblad lenses are very large. You
have to use stop down metering. You can get good results but in the long run
I don't think you will use it. I could see no better performance over the
Nikkors. The Hasselblad lenses also have very few apperture blades and do
not use rounded blades either. The CFi 50 + adapter is very much to carry
for a normal lens. An idea could be if you don't have a macro lens and then
use the 120mm. If a SLR came out with a larger sensor the 24x36 then the
adapter (or another because a larger mount may be necessary) could be very
useful.

Thanks. I don't have a wide-ish portrait lens (I'm considering the CZ
85 f/1.4) so I'd like to try my 80mm Hassy lens on the Sony a900. That
might suffice (though I doubt it is as sharp as the 85mm f/1.4, and it's
certainly not as fast).

Also would like to try the 120 Makro on there. I'm not sure my 150 will
be all that useful, however.

Don't top post please.

Max

"Alan Browne" skrev i en meddelelse
I've located an adaptor for Hasselblad lenses to Minolta A-mount.

I'm tempted. Anyone use these? What are the tradeoffs? I expect it will
require stop down metering (or incident meter or histo test metering) and
of course there's no AF (no problem).

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.